Monday, April 28, 2008

My theory on C.C.

First things first...I know C.C. Sabathia is a stud. Now that that's out of the way, here's some possible trades that would make sense for Cleveland. Look, we all know C.C. is going to get a contract worth probably $150 million. And Cleveland can't afford that. I'd love for him to stay, but assuming he won't (which there's a 99% chance he won't), we might as well get something for him, rather than nothing, right?

Alright....here we go.

Trade 1: C.C., Chuck Lofgren and Ben Francisco to the Diamondbacks for Micah Owings and Justin Upton.
Could you imagine? Haren/Webb/Sabathia? Holy crap. The D-Backs would never lose. Here's my reasoning...Owings is a good, young pitcher. He's got good stuff. And Justin Upton? Arizona will never let him go, but he's exactly what we need out in left field.

Trade 2: C.C. and Jhonny Peralta to Florida for Scott Olsen and Hanley Ramirez.
Alright, I know this is a stretch, but Hanley is my favorite player in baseball, and he'd be awesome in Cleveland. Plus, Scott Olsen has tremendous upside. Scott Olsen is young, and he has some pretty nasty stuff, when he's on. And Hanley? He's the best player in baseball not named Alex Rodriguez.

Trade 3: C.C. and Franklin Gutierrez to Milwaukee for Ben Sheets and Ryan Braun.
Only reason for this one--we need a left fielder bad. I don't care how bad he is on defense, we need some power from left field. And if Sheets would ever be healthy, he'd be a stud in the AL.

Look, I know none of them are even possible, but hey, a man can dream, right?

No comments: