Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year, new thoughts.

Well, I see it's been awhile since I've been on here complaining about something. Week 2 of the NFL season? Good God. I can't even remember that far back. (OK, I lied. I remember the power going out at halftime of the Browns/Steelers game because of some old hurricane system that blew through here leaving the power out and the city smelling like salty fish.) Anyways, let's see....what has happened on the Cleveland/Ohio State scene since then?

The Browns managed to go 4-12, while firing Romeo Crennel (finally), the Indians made some solid off season moves (finally), and the Cavaliers appear to look like a true championship contender (finally).

Oh, and the Buckeyes? They managed to come back in the 4th quarter of the Fiesta Bowl, score 15 straight points on Texas to take the lead with a little under two minutes left, and proceed to blow it by giving up a game winning touchdown. Big shocker there.

But I will choose to spend my time talking about the Cavaliers. I mean, hell, they are 29-6. I said, the minute that we traded for Mo Williams, to every single person I know that THIS Cavaliers team will be much different that others. I told everyone that we'd finally have a legit, championship contending team. Of course, I was right. I want to talk briefly about last night's big showdown with the Boston Celtics. Let's see....the Cavaliers dominated the entire game en route to winning by 15. That's all I'm going to say. Everyone says how incredible Boston is, and how they're going to repeat....well, guess what. Cleveland will have something to say about that.

Alright, the one thing I actually DO want to talk about is those Cavs throwbacks they've worn the past two nights. Now, I'm not old enough to remember back to the time that these would have been worn, but I never remember hearing/seeing anything about these blue ones. Were they really worn back in the day, or are they just something they decided to throw together for this season? If anyone knows for sure, please get at me. I'd love to know. Because, honestly....they are HIDEOUS. Absolutely frickin' terrible.

Alright...that's all for today. I want to talk about the Tribe's offseason, so I'll get to that the next time I'm on here. Peace.

No comments: